In this page participants can find the EALE 2018 general program and detailed schedule of sessions.
Each speaker has 20 minutes to present his/her paper, then 10 minutes are for the discussion with the audience. Chairs are kindly request to manage their sessions very strictly with respect to the schedule.
Thursday, September 20, 2018
- 09:00-10:15Registration opens – Welcome coffee
- 09:45-10:15Room U3 03: Welcome Speech - Prof. Lucia Visconti Parisio (University of Milano-Bicocca)
- 10:15-11:45Parallel Sessions 1
- 12:00-13:00Room U3 03: Keynote Speech - Daniel L. Chen (University Toulouse Capitole): Machine Learning, Causal Inference, and Judicial Analytics
- 14:15-15:45Parallel Sessions 2
- 15:45-16:15Coffee break
- 16:15-17:45Parallel Sessions 3
- 18:00-19:00Room U3 03: Keynote Speech - Urška Šadl (European University Institute): EU Law and EU Courts: Challenges for Empirical Research
Friday, September 21, 2018
- 09:00-10:30Parallel Sessions 4
- 10:30-11:00Coffee break
- 11:00-12:00Room U3 03: Keynote Speech - Sonja Smets (University of Amsterdam): Logic and Law
- 12:00-12:30EALE General Assembly (Room U3 03)
- 13:45-15:15Parallel Sessions 5
- 15:15-15:45Coffee break
- 15:45-17:15Parallel Sessions 6
- 17:30-18:30Room U3 03: Keynote Speech - Luca Enriques (University of Oxford): Corporate Law: New Challenges, Same Old Solutions?
- 19:00-20:00Aperitivo at Grand Hotel Villa Torretta
- 20:00-22:00Conference Dinner at Grand Hotel Villa Torretta
Saturday, September 22, 2018
- 09:00-10:30Parallel Sessions 7
- 10:30-11:00Coffee Break
- 11:00-12:30Parallel Sessions 8
- 12:30-13:00Lunch box
Parallell sessions with downloadable papers can be found here:
The organisation of this Conference has been possible thanks to the Program Committee (Joshua Teitelbaum, Georgetown Law School; Stefan Bechtold, ETH Zurich; Claudine Desrieux, University Paris II; Henrik Lando, Copenhagen Business School; Margherita Saraceno, University of Milano-Bicocca; Avraham Tabbach,Tel Aviv University), the Local Committee at University of Milano-Bicocca (Lucia Dalla Pellegrina, Giorgio Di Maio, Stefania Ottone, Alessandro Santoro, Margherita Saraceno, Margherita Ramajoli, Carlo Ruga Riva, Nicola Sartori), Giuseppe Dari-Mattiacci (University of Amsterdam), Alice Guerra (Copenhagen Business School), and the financial support of CISEPS, DEMS, Dep. of Law, the 2015 PRIN Programme of the Italian Ministry of University and Research for the Project “Bad Seeds: Diffusion and Effects of Criminal Organizations” (ID IRIS: 2016-NAZ-0105), the Rector of the University of Milano-Bicocca, and the patronage of Comune di Milano.